Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Blogging for charity-The Green Chain

*(exceptionally this post is going to be only in english)

I found this campaign very interesting and useful to help some ONG's which are trying to help out our environement, so why not to answer to the following 8 questions? PriceMinister will donate £10 to my chosen charity.
Hope you react as I did to make this work and make a group of people happy!
To participate just go to The Green Chain page and copy paste this series of questions on your blog... piece of cake!




-Turning the heating down by just one degree in your house saves 240kg 
of CO2 a year. It would take eight trees to soak up this amount of CO2!
Are you currently doing anything to make your home eco-friendly?


Actually I don't put the heating on to more of 18°, I don't have a car (and I don't like them...) so I take public transport or I cycle, better for the environement and my legs!


- Rainforests once covered 14% of the earth's land surface, now they only 
cover 2%. How are you reducing your use of paper? 


In my office we don't have any area to recycle, so I have suggested to re-use the paper we print to use both sides (most of the paper we print are not that important...), anyway I would like to have an exclusive area where all the company could recycle, also for batteries and IT material which is not recycled or selected to trhough away in a proper way...


- At PriceMinister we believe that trading second hand items online is a 
great way to extend the life span of products. Have you ever thought of 
buying or selling second hand items on or off line? 


I think I'm a precursor on the subject ;) I buy a lot of second hand items on-line, especially vintage stuff that are rubbish for the actual owners and a treasure for me! This helps everybody to appreciate better what we have and what we get (unique objects for other eras are charming, less expensive and we don't force industries to continue producing stuff we don't really need!!)


- One of the biggest environmental challenges we face is Freshwater
Shortages. Are you taking measures to reduce your water consumption?


Well I could do better... I remember when I was a child and my parents took us (my brother and me) to the nature... we never stopped by a supermarket and bought water!!! We carried it from home in a thermos to keep it fresh and we renewed it all the time in natural sources... so we didn't have to deal with plastic bottles ... I remember very well how this changed so easily and made us lazier....and less ecological...


- How do you choose the produce that goes into your shopping basket?  
(any favorite products?)


Lately I have choosen to cook more and more so I don't use anything beside basic products like eggs, veggies, flour, sugar, milk... so my basket seems closer to a 70 years old womand than a 30 (ies) year old working woman... but even if I pass more time making dinner I enjoy it a lot more...


  - What is your favourite green space near home? (a photo would be great!)
I like almost all green spaces in Paris... but one I enjoy a lot (especially in the morning weekend's) is Le parc de la Villette. Full of families in the morning and young people in the afternoon (you can also enjoy free concerts once in a while!)


- Which charity would you like to support and why?


Young Peoples Trust for the Environment (I trust little ones can appreciate and maybe fix the chaos we have right now...)



- Please give us the url of a fellow blogger (or bloggers) you would like us 
to contact to raise an extra £10 



http://florcita.eu/wordpress/
http://www.lucykatecrafts.blogspot.com/

No comments: